Do you know that Java is one of the most widespread programming languages right now? This is being used by startups and even large enterprises still make use of it. They have hired able programmers to create the different things that they need. This is a very flexible language which is why people believe that it is here to stay. People would like to learn this but they do not know where and how to begin.
There is good news for you: there are so many books that are available that will teach you everything that you have to know. The only issue is that this is more complex than the other available programming languages.
Where Can You Find Books to Learn Java?
Gone are the days when the only books that you can find are the ones in the bookstore. There are some e-books right now that you can download online. Some of them are free and some of them are paid. Some can be read in PDF format and some can be downloaded directly to your e-book reader.
Some say that learning from a book is a real game-changer. Even those who have started to learn about Java a long time ago say that books are eye-openers. Some things that are written there are sometimes overlooked. Some would also get the wisdom that they need to implement Java properly.
Places to Get Great Books
The internet has made it easier for people to access books. There is no need to go to actual bookstores anymore. Plus, you do not have to worry about where you are going to store your Java-related books after. These are the places where you can get Java books:
- Amazon – You can find new and used books from here. Whether you want an e-book or you would like an actual book, the choice will be up to you. Prices will vary so make sure to check the best deals.
- Manning Publications – This publishing company has already published a lot of books that are related to Java. A lot of the books are well-written. You will be able to understand the knowledge that will be imparted by each book that you read.
- Libraries – Let us say that you do not want to purchase books. You may be on a budget or you just like renting books in general. Go to your local library and check out their selection of Java-related books. The only issue with this is that there is no guarantee that they are going to have the best books about Java.
Now that you know where to get the books, you should know more details about the best books that are available.
- Grokking the Java Interview
Java Interview has to be one of the most complicated things that you will see. Java is fast and there are a lot of things that should be mastered. This book should highlight all of the things that people may forget to learn when they are trying to master Java. Different topics are available. You can focus on what you need to learn.
- Effective Java 3rd Edition
If you are searching for one of the first books that you will read about Java, you do not have to look any further. This is created by Joshua Bloch which means that you will learn more about Java and its API. Expect that you need to read this book for a few weeks or so. The things that you will learn should be understood properly.
- Beginning Java 8 Language Features
Do you know that there are still a lot of people who have not started on Java 8? If you want to start on this soon, then this is the best book for you to read. This can be great if you are trying to understand the following:
- Lambda Expressions
- Stream API
- Java 8 Enhancements
- Clean Architecture
If you are a huge fan of Robert C. Martin, then this is one of the best books to check out. This will provide you with details on how to create software architecture. You can also read this book if you want to get rid of the misconceptions that you may have about Java.
- Java: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition
If you are a beginner and you want to start from somewhere, this is one of the best books to get. This is also perfect when you are trying to learn Java from scratch. This is very comprehensive and you can expect that it will tackle all of the details that you need to know.
These are just some of the interesting books that you can check right now. There are still a lot more that are worth checking out. The details that you will learn from books can be applied to the articles that you will read plus the online courses that you may be planning to take in the future.